Ideas for Meeting others & Dating in your hometown after The Israel Yeshiva / Seminary Experience
Like many, dating in your hometown is never easy or anywhere close to as awesome as the single scene in Yerushalim or near your Yeshiva in Israel or Seminary. Many have moved, gotten married or you have lost touch with. Now its time to move back home, date or meet others to hang out with, and it can be challenging for some. We thought it would be great to compile a list of ideas to help those coming home from Israel and starting to socially hang out again post corona.
Here is a list of ideas when you move back, so you do not feel limited in your single friend finding or dating world.
No need to be a sad man like the one pictured above, here are some fun ideas:
- Find a Shul with people that have similar age ranges your comfortable hanging out with + those with similar personalities or backgrounds. Talk to local Rabbis about new young adult shuls opening near you.
- Go to local chabad parties and events for young singles – usually purim parties are best!
- Check out Matza Ball, Matza Bash, Chitribe, JUF, JCC, Jewish Experience and other local city organizations
- Sites/Apps to find others: Jmeetups.com, Jswipe, Sawyouatsinai, CoronaCrush on Facebook
- If your from a small city, consider moving to Miami, New York, LA, Chicago or any other major city with a large jewish population
- Once you find single friends, start hosting dinners and meals and create a whatsapp group, so others switch off and make meals together/ pot lucks, etc.
Don’t worry about socializing, it can be a ton of fun in the right environment. You will start finding friends and individuals to date in no time.