A (Kosher) Gift Giving Guide to Shabbat & Holidays
If you have been invited out for Shabbat or a Jewish Chag/ Holiday, it is important you are prepared for the meal with a special gift to show your appreciation. Here is a list of great ideas to bring with you for based on $$ value you want to spend.
Please try to support small Jewish businesses and purchase from a local kosher store by your home, e.g. Kol Tuv Kosher in Chicago, One Stop Kosher in Detroit, Sarah’s Tent in Florida and Chicago, Skyview Wines and Spirits in New York, or others. You can check out KosherWine.com to purchase any wine as they have great prices and selection as well.
- A Fine Bottle of Wine (Please refer to the list below, as we love Wine as our #1 gift option). Try to find a wine bag, its a few dollars more and presents very well!
- A Small prepared Candy Tray
- Or a Dried Fruit and Nut Tray
- A bottle of Whisky, Tequila or Bourbon, based on the individual, if they are someone that would enjoy a hard liquor or drink at their Shabbat/ Holiday meal. Sometimes it’s best not to bring this as the first gift to a chag or Holiday meal, until you get to know the host.
Here is a list of our favorite Wine Picks:
- Our Favorite #1 Wine, Binyamina Cave 2019 – $100-$110
- Yatir Forest 2018 – $90+
- Goose Bay Pinot Grigio – $25
- Baron Herzog Pinoit Grigio – $13
- Yarden Chardonnay 2019 – $33
- Zion Red Moscato – $15
- Bartenura Moscato – $14
- Balkain Classic Shirz – $14
- Psagot Cabernet Sauvignon 2020 – $40
- Covenant Red C – $52
- Covenant Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2020 – $130+
- Ben Ami Merlot 2020 – $13
- Tulip Black Tulip 2019 – $63
- Ramon Cardova 2018 – $22
- Jezreel REseve Icon 2019 – $80
- Yarden Syrah Bar’on 2016 – $80
This is just a short list of ideas, there are many more ideas coming and we will come out with better and more updated top and favorite lists soon!
A gift says a lot about you, and even if it is less than a $10 wine, it’s still an amazing gesture that goes a long way and can guarantee your hosts will feel the desire to keep on bringing you back 🙂