Safety Tips for Online Jewish Dating
Safety is #1 for us at JMeetups.com across the entire Jewish Online Dating Spectrum whether it is here or anywhere else! We are investing in our website to make sure this is a safe space. We are monitoring and only approving normal looking profiles added and any time there are photos added to a profile, the profile will once again, go through a process to be approved, so we can try to screen out for individuals that seem like a potential scam artist or fraudulent.
No matter who, or how Jewish/Religious someone may seem. No matter how amazing they look in the picture you see and/or if the occupation you believe they hold is honorable, do not trust anyone until you do some homework.
We believe that from communication online to in-person, all parties need to feel 100% safe, unthreatened, and comfortable in all aspects of the relationship that is beginning to form thus far.
If you feel there are any issues with any members, please feel free to report that member directly on that member’s profile page, using the red Report button.
Here are some tips before you go on a date in-person with any Single Jewish individual from our site or anywhere else:
– Start off slow and with a chat conversation. Then move it to text or video chats beyond. Look at how the other individual looks, acts and communicates and make sure there are no aggressor or strange vibes that would create a negative intuition to come about before any in-person meeting. Make sure there is a level of professionalism, as first impressions matter and if they can’t create a good one with you, it’s probably not an ideal situation for you. 100% trust that you feel safe before meeting in person.
– Play “Jewish Geography”, find mutual (Facebook) friends, try to find commonalities among Synagogues, Youth Groups or Rabbis or individuals you both have in common.
– Understand the individual’s Jewish Affiliation and if you’re comfortable with it. Make sure from level of shomer kashrut to shomer shabbos & shomer negiya, you feel safe and comfortable with how the dates going forward will honor your level of observance; discuss up front, to make it more comfortable going forward! If you feel like anyone is actually non-Jewish or doing any acts of potential adultery by impersonating a Single Jew, please report those users immediately.
– If you truly are not sure, feel free to do a fun Google check – search for the individual online and try to find an online presence somewhere.
– Ask for a Rabbi or a Reference if you are unsure of the individual and want more re-assurance before a meeting.
– Do not drive together, always meet your date at the place that you are going to and make sure it is a public place that makes you feel very safe. Outdoor places are great if in a very public area.
– Do not drink alcohol on the day of the date if possible, so this way you have a clear mind on the first date, even though its just virtual or zoom.
– Make sure to openly have a Health focused Covid / Vaccine Conversation if you feel it is important to you.
– Remember, do not engage in any activity with an individual that does not meet your comfortability standards across the spiritual, emotional and physical.
– Always Report Strange Behaviors, Actions or Communication that goes on by any users to JMeetups.com immediately & of course, proper authorities, if you feel necessary. If you are in the United States, always call local city police authorities ( Dial 9-1-1 in America) and in any other country, feel free to do similar actions to contact proper government authorities for any individual that is in need of being reported. We will help to investigate as soon as possible and temporarily, if needed, remove that said user.
– Setup with a friend that is close by & close to you to monitor how your doing on the date. You can do this with texts & even a random phone call on the planned date for quick check ins that create extra layers of safety.
At JMeetups, we want you to know that we take Mental Health very seriously. After numerous conversations with users and major influencers, we are focusing on Mental Health Awareness by starting with new questions & filters launching very soon to find other individuals investing in their personal & professional development + mental health.
If you have more tips or advice, please let us know at [email protected] and we will add it to the list above. We appreciate our JMeetups’ User community’s advice and help at all times.